+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 851 kit

Default 851 kit

I am interested to know the price range for a 1988 851 TC kit as complied for the road in Australia?

Thumbs up Kit Australia

Simple mate,

It will depend on the condition of the bike and kilometres on the clock, most importantly is the bike 100% a KIT Tricolor or a stada mock up.

I bought my Kit from a avid enthusiast from Australia as he had two concourse items in his procession, so before I purchased the bike I contacted Ducati Italy to confirm the bikes originality, then we finalised the purchase price.

Just be careful as there are some Stradas getting around advertised as the real True Blue, but they are not.

Do your home work first then you will see what I am talking about, glad to assist or to put you onto the MAN who also knows the bikes in side and out.
    GT

It is sort of a hard question to answer.It sort of will go along the lines of what you would be happy with to let her go?????
    I mean you could advertise for $20000 and not get one reply then advertise for $40000 and find there are half a dozen guys negotiating for a deal.Just have to be lucky and pick a time when there is a buyer,in saying that there is not likely to be another for sale at the same time in the same country anywhere in the world,especially a KIT version.
    Just looked at your profile and yours from memory of photos you put up is a real clean Kit version (if you are the one in SA).

Thumbs up 851 Kit

Mate,

When I purchased the Kit she had 3,540 on the dial and now has only 3,820 + -.

As you are well aware the current selection of Kits in Aust are few and far between, from word of mouth I have heard of numbers around 17 & I have personally viewed only three, but do know of another 1 in Vic & NSW.

At the end of the day the rare Dukes such as Kits & Sp 1-2-3-4 are holding there values and some are increasing at a staggering rate within Aust.

Mainly due to the compliance ruling which kicked in at Jan 89, we all know what that meant to us poor bustardsí down under, which I am sure you are well aware of.

In some ways to protect Frasers imports Ect.

But like you said how much do you really want a Kit, if some one is serious they will pay what they will to secure it, simple.

For the guys who own them they also know what they are worth in our country so they are not going to let them go for a dreamer to buy, you will need an envelope with a minimum of 35K just to get a look in.
    And then keep going until you shout out BINGO I win if you are so lucky.
    GT

I have a feeling that 851Tricolore is looking at what price he can sell at not to buy (he can correct me if i am wrong).Ithink he owns one of the half dozen that went to SA

+ Reply to Thread