Default Ducati Manx

Thought that you would appreciate a couple of pictures of our friend Pauls

Ducati Manx

Sweet me thinks

Guy851

It looks prety neat for my eyes

Oooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yessssssss

In those colours and with that seat it looks more like a homage to the AJS 7R* 'Boy racer' to me.
    A nice set of wire wheels would really complete the look IMO.

Let me explain to those that don't know, the Manx Norton came with a silver tank (that looked nothing like the one on this bike) with black and red pinstriping on it, it had a humped backed seat which had it's bottom parallel/or even kicking up slightly to/from the ground.
    The 7R came with a black tank with gold pinstriping and it's humped back seat drooped in the way that the one on this special's seat does.
    Nice 'Period' touch fitting the gaitors over the upside forks, but the Manx Norton never came with these parts or disc brakes, whereas the late 7R and Matchless G50's fitted into Colin Seeley frames came with gaitors,disc braked frontend and a tank of similar shape when viewed from the side...
    Apart from the small front fairing/flyscreen, (which the 7R/G50's also came with, although slightly more rounded) I can't see anything 'Manx' about this rather nice homage to the period of when British singles filled the grids at the GP's or any other races of the period.

I've got a pattern Manx fairing/flyscreen that I'm going to fit to my '74 'Yellow' 250 Desmo, but I won't be calling it a Manx Ducati.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 12-05-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Default Manx Ducati

Paul's a mate of mine,we're in the same D.O.C. branch.He took the bike to Stafford classic bike show,was on display along with my 851 and many other lovely classic Dukes.His bike does look really good.Nice one Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    In those colours and with that seat it looks more like a homage to the AJS 7R* 'Boy racer' to me.
    A nice set of wire wheels would really complete the look IMO.

Let me explain to those that don't know, the Manx Norton came with a silver tank (that looked nothing like the one on this bike) with black and red pinstriping on it, it had a humped backed seat which had it's bottom parallel/or even kicking up slightly to/from the ground.
    The 7R came with a black tank with gold pinstriping and it's humped back seat drooped in the way that the one on this special's seat does.
    Nice 'Period' touch fitting the gaitors over the upside forks, but the Manx Norton never came with these parts or disc brakes, whereas the late 7R and Matchless G50's fitted into Colin Seeley frames came with gaitors,disc braked frontend and a tank of similar shape when viewed from the side...
    Apart from the small front fairing/flyscreen, (which the 7R/G50's also came with, although slightly more rounded) I can't see anything 'Manx' about this rather nice homage to the period of when British singles filled the grids at the GP's or any other races of the period.

I've got a pattern Manx fairing/flyscreen that I'm going to fit to my '74 'Yellow' 250 Desmo, but I won't be calling it a Manx Ducati.

Steve R
    Steve is right on all counts but many people have done the same colours i just decided to be different and call it a manx after many happy years of happiness there call it what you will but its my Manx and the name stays Dare to be different i say and ride it as long as i can i will
    Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
    At no time did I intend to detract from your excellent job on your special.
    My thoughts were just that my personal thoughts on your bike.

I used to have a pretty fast BSA Rocket 3 with a seriously tuned 870cc T160V Trident motor nailed into it, RH gearchange conversion, 8 leading shoe front brake, clipons, reasets, works 3-1 Rob North exhaust which needed me to cut and move some of the lower frame rails to get it to fit, 30mm Concentrics, a small Manx Norton flyscreen, 5 gallon Gold Star Lyta alloy tank etc.
    I also rode the bike over to Mona's Isle and didn't give a shit what the purists thought!
    It was my bike/my personal homage to the glory days of the 'Ton Up' boys and it kicked arse!

Enjoy your special mate.

Will I see you at next years TT?

Steve R

I agree with Steve regarding the bike, he never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge of classic British bikes, old Rock n roll etc.
    Also for those of you who have not come across Seasick Steve, Google him on Utube.
    Last edited by 888sp4s; 12-07-2009 at 01:07 PM.

What can I say apart from those 2 pictures are worth a thousand words...
    I rest my case chaps!
    Which one do you all think Pauls special looks more like?
    I know where my vote would be cast in any ballott.

Steve R

P.S. Tonight I'm mostly listening to a CD that my wife's just bought for me it's called...

'I Started Out With Nothing And I Still Got Most Of It Left' by Seasick Steve.

Do any of you boys know this artist/album?
    He's shit hot in my book!
    How this guy gets that sound out a beaten up old guitar with only 3 strings is almost beyond belief.

Steve R

...and yes Marvin I'm still listening to American folk/blues music, apart from Saturday nights when I mostly listen to '50's rock 'n' roll/rockabilly on BBC Radio Cornwall.

Default Thanks

Yes Steve hope to be there and catch up with you again again thanks for the remarks they are all valued take care Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    What can I say apart from those 2 pictures are worth a thousand words...
    I rest my case chaps!
    Which one do you all think Pauls special looks more like?
    I know where my vote would be cast in any ballott.

Steve R

P.S. Tonight I'm mostly listening to a CD that my wife's just bought for me it's called...

'I Started Out With Nothing And I Still Got Most Of It Left' by Seasick Steve.

Do any of you boys know this artist/album?
    He's shit hot in my book!
    How this guy gets that sound out a beaten up old guitar with only 3 strings is almost beyond belief.

Steve R

...and yes Marvin I'm still listening to American folk/blues music, apart from Saturday nights when I mostly listen to '50's rock 'n' roll/rockabilly on BBC Radio Cornwall.

+ Reply to Thread