+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering Damper where's your?

Default Steering Damper where's your?

I've a couple of dampers knocking around an Ohlins and a White Power. Having been out on the old girl she does shake her head a bit if you clip cats eyes or a bit bit of rough, the question is how do you mount yours? Any pictures appreciated as I'm finding it a bit tight between the frame and fairing.

There is roome enough for a mounting kit for a Monster. A bit tight to the air duct but space enough. The rear fastening needs to be grinded off some mm not to interefer with the tank.

Brgds
    Henrik

Default steering damper

My damper has been mounted in the same place on three bikes now and with a bit of fiddling with position of damper body and fork clamp its just fine.

The body mounts directly into the lug on the frame that I think is made for the job, others this is a lug for ground wired.

Damper is a Zaccarria (Italian) Model 252131 for 851/888s and I think they are still available

Perfect

Hope this helps

Guy851

Thanks chaps I'll have another play tomorrow, as Henrik says I also found it tight on the air tube.

I had an ohlins one fitted (took it off - was buggered) but was mounted on the mid frame rail (not the upper like Henriks), same place as Guy's except further back as damper was longer, sat under the side fairing - sorry no pics.

Guy's bike is running corse c/f x air intakes hence no tubes.

Bike looking really good Guy - hopes its ready soon

- that looks more like a surgeons table than a workshop

Jonathan
    Last edited by jr60; 08-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread