+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from a newbie and i want a.........

Default Hello from a newbie and i want a.........

First off a big hello from sunny Cambridge Uk.
    New guy on the block and have been steered in this direction in my quest for a 888.
    Cant afford an SP model so the Strada will do me just fine so any advice on those models please ?
    I've asked around and found out about sprag clutches and the like . Any one have knowledge of one for sale ? Missed one on flea bay the other week which sold for 3800. Was that a good price as it was what i would class as above fair condition with 50% history.
    Any info please and the drinks are behind the bar.

Default 888 strada search...

Hi ..Joe, welcome along i'm sure you've been keeping an eye on the site, as you realize the T8's are getting, more so now, quite sort after, i'm sure when one comes up there will be someone on here that will either know the bike or be close to it to give it the once over as a nice cool pint, condensation running down the outside..umm, will go down well.
    Don't be too put off by any horror stories as they are a good, fantastic bike and if there are any niggles everything can be sorted easily especially with the experience here.
    What is your actual budget so we can keep an eye out and do you have any preferences.
    Cheers,
    Guy

Well i have found one in immac condition with all the little jobs done and high level pipes ect.

Wants just over 5k for it which seems top end money but it is in very good condition

Any thoughts any one ??????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    Well i have found one in immac condition with all the little jobs done and high level pipes ect.

Wants just over 5k for it which seems top end money but it is in very good condition

Any thoughts any one ??????????????????????????
    Pictures usually help so that people can give you some feedback, as to whether it has correct parts etc.

Difficult to tell otherwise, likewise service history...where...mileage etc.

Default T8 search

Hi Joe,
    As said post some pictures up but don't fall in the trap of falling for the first you see, everyone here can assist you and put your mind to rest, so get some shots up more the better..
    ATB
    Guy

I dont know how to do pics............

it was on ebay item number 300326783576 and i said i'd pop around and see him this weekend to see if we can sort something out.

Any advice asap please would be a real help and several drinks if and when i meet up with anyone at a meeting

Looks like a tidy one, but as for the number plate there are loads of L888 on the DVLA site for 250. The usual paint loss on the engine seems to be there and the radiator looks a bit tatty. Shame about the rear mudguard being cut off, but nice pipes with some odd mounts though. Interesting to see that he has a spare set of fairings hanging up as well, is there more to the tale of this bike?
    Does he have standard pipes and passenger foot pegs? Little point in showing off the dual seat otherwise. But overall looks nice 4500+ dependant on standard parts?

Hi,
    I'll agree with all of what Stafford's posted but...

I'd love to know how he got 112 bhp* with only a set of cans, K+N filter, top removed from the airbox and a chip???
    I think he must have dreamt about that along with the prices he's seen Strada's going for and the number plates value, after eating some strong cheese washed down with a bottle or 3 of some heavy Red wine.

*112 bhp's respectable power for a SP 2,3 or 4 on an honest dyno.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 07-11-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Well thanks for the advice lads.

I pointed the seller of the bike in this and the 851/888 website and the discussions we've had over the value of T8's

I didn't say his wasn't worth what he was looking for but said that 4700 was possibly nearer the mark via a text message.

I got one back stating how , after 15 years of working on Duc's , he knows the value of them and i was a time waster and i should go out and buy a shed.

This to me shows how differing peoples idea's on bikes worth i

suppose. My old GPZ900r i have i wouldn't sell for under 2000 the condition it's in but i also know that it's only worth 800 ish on the open bike market.

So

If anyone has any sheds out there i'm on the lookout for one please but i already have a 6 x 4 in shiplap for the lawn mower so that size up in t and g please .....

+ Reply to Thread