+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A brand new 851 SP3

Do a quick search but should only cost about 380, but make sure they have insurance to the value.
    And well done, are you gonna ride it?

ta, won't ride it, just drool! I collect them so have other "riders"

Quote Originally Posted by jackg View Post
    ta, won't ride it, just drool! I collect them so have other "riders"
    My best compliments on your deal!!!
    I went up to 16.050 and then i left the bids, cause i talked to my mechanic and he said a few more money are needed to let the engine starts and the bike roll. Asked to Ohlins dealer here in Italy and he told me he needs around 500 euros to rebuild suspensions, oil, gaskets, etc.; 400 more euros are for belts, fuel pipes and brakes. 340 euros goes to new tires. A few more money are needed to collect it and to get the plate and documents.
    I also asked to Ducati store about warranty, as the bike is brand new, and i was told it's already out of it, cause they don't have spares anymore, and the model is quite too old.
    I really can't afford such an expensive bike.
    Anyway it's pleasent to dream of it.
    Last edited by sergiomala; 07-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.

I did!!!

Any ideas how I get it back from Northern Italy?

jump on a van and go get it by yourself!!!!

Hi,
    I might be a lone voice in the wilderness here?
    But I think that it's a crying shame that the bike's not going to be used for the purpose that it was lovingly made/designed for.
    As I see it it's just another bike lost to the world, it's now become a piece of static art and a total waste of a good bike.
    I wonder what Dr T would have to say on this subject if he was still alive?
    I bet that he'd be in my camp...

Steve (a somewhat saddened) R

I did!!!

Any ideas how I get it back from Northern Italy?
    Congratulations jackg.. well done

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Hi,
    But I think that it's a crying shame that the bike's not going to be used for the purpose that it was lovingly made/designed for.
    As I see it it's just another bike lost to the world, it's now become a piece of static art and a total waste of a good bike.
    I wonder what Dr T would have to say on this subject if he was still alive?
    I bet that he'd be in my camp...

yess but that's the problem with that bike.. i was thinking to bid on it but you can't ride because then it looses half of it's value.. sad but idd a good investment and if you already have a SP3 there is no problem

i must say that for once i agree with steve BUT ONLY IN PART ( lets not get giddy here ) as i,ve said before on other forums " value of an item is only related to the amount of funds you have available at the time " i.e if i had 100,000 available to spend then i would gladly throw 20,000 at a new sp3 already knowing i had other bikes to ride ( i e investment ) but if i only had 20k and no other bikes i would concider it a no go !! these bikes were made to be raced BUT if they all were raced and bined then there would be no examples left for us all to go oooooohhhhhh look a new sp3 , i take my hat off to a man that can lay out 20k and keep it as it is ( i sureley couldnt ) because that bike will forever be a bench mark for us all to look at in the next decade , but as always money is the governing factor i feel our bikes mainly the sp variants will follow on the bevel route and become out of the reach of people( like me ) who WANT to do with them what they were made for !! as usual this is just my opinion

spike

p.s i,ll ride it back for you if you like ,,, no charge ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Hi,
    No.. you are not alone. Maybe he'll change his mind as she calls out to him to be ridden....

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    i,ll ride it back for you if you like ,,, no charge ,,,
    I'm with Spike on this. He'll ride it back and I'll take the " Photos" of the journey, that is, after you've paid for the service and belt change...

+ Reply to Thread