+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Project Bike Anyone?

Default bah tat

very correct steve

this is probly the route of the famous ( even known in kernow ) yorkshire anthem , the point is that he was spotted in a very very unpleasent and may i say weather wise unpredictable area of the moors bah tat ( without sensible headgear ) thus rendering himself , or maybe herself suseptable to serious loss of body heat if the clouds come in and weather conditions take a turn for the worse , this is very unusual for sensible yorkshire folk and must have taken the author of the said anthem by shock , thus prompting him to pen the ditty . i must say that i neither condem or condone the " None " wearing of protective headgear for any type of activity but if you do venture onto exposed moorland " Please be careful out there "

spike

Steve R....
    So stoned today that I said it twice!
    Nessie did a favour for a local lad and he being as poor as a church mouse thanked her the only way he could with some of his homegrown...

I've fallen off the wagon BIG style this weekend and boy is it good!
    I'm washing it down with some 'Proper Job' real farmhouse Scrumpy, from the local CiderHead 'Cowop' (co-operative make it yourself) crew,
    Listening to some good tracks and generally chilling out

Later when the 'Munchies' kick in (as they surely will) I'll be cooking a Full On (Get the fire brigade) Chili with local Beef and Bacon, using Nessie's home grown Garlic and Onions, served up with sauted New Pototoes from Nessie's veggie patch, a side salad also from Nessie home grown plot and lots of cheese grated over the top!

It can't be long now...

I bet that you wish you were here now Marvin?
    Home cooking and Bike talk, does it get any better than that?
    Also the suns been shinning most of the day here.
    I should have been out on my 851/916 today, but I tried out my new chain riviting tool and crushed the 'X'' rings out of the soft link...
    Buggeration!
    I NEVER had a problem when I used a hammer and a weight, I should have stuck with what I know instead of going all 'Modern'. But...
    The 'Bomb Proof' DID tool looked like it wanted to live in my tool kit (it kept calling out to me) and it was cheap!

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 07-04-2009 at 01:38 PM.

i may have to ask jasper,s opinion on this but i do recon " reet " may be too far north even warrington totally wrong side of the world !!! i,d say " is thy
    or rate mate " so the " reet " should be a " rate "

spike

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    very correct steve

this is probly the route of the famous ( even known in kernow ) yorkshire anthem , the point is that he was spotted in a very very unpleasent and may i say weather wise unpredictable area of the moors bah tat ( without sensible headgear ) thus rendering himself , or maybe herself suseptable to serious loss of body heat if the clouds come in and weather conditions take a turn for the worse , this is very unusual for sensible yorkshire folk and must have taken the author of the said anthem by shock , thus prompting him to pen the ditty . i must say that i neither condem or condone the " None " wearing of protective headgear for any type of activity but if you do venture onto exposed moorland " Please be careful out there "

spike
    I'm sorry Spike but Mrs R's never heard of it, Education never got this far South!
    Nessie's just said whilst reading over my shoulder "Ah cheers Mete' that's a bit like mate or chap, I couldn't actually spell it the way she says it and even she couldn't help me out!

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    there sp numbers , early sp3 frame but dont know what sp the engine is as you,ve kept the number secure , mines a 91 and the engine number is between 1000 and 1050 ... and mine was a late one verified by italy , as i said w4 i think gives it away but ....

spike
    This is quite strange becouse on the crankcase there is only the type number but not the serial!!!

no serial number at all on the engine thats a strange one but nothing in ducati suprises me any more

spike

It's probably had the cases changed at some time, my new/unused set of ST4 C/cases have absolutely no markings on the serial number plinth and...
    NO Spike they haven't been filed off!

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    It's probably had the cases changed at some time, my new/unused set of ST4 C/cases have absolutely no markings on the serial number plinth and...
    NO Spike they haven't been filed off!

Steve R
    quite right steve but dont you find it strange to have the model but no serial number , like it sort of " Missed " that part of the process !!!

and no i wouldnt expect you to file em off steve .

more of an angle grinder man myself

spike

Ha Ha Ha Spike,
    I've been a bit 'dodgy' over the years, but this has NEVER extended to bikes!
    Bike thieves or people who deal in them or 'Hooky' bike spares need nailing to the floor in my book.
    I'd NEVER knowingly buy stolen bike kit, in my circle's it's just not done!
    Rather...
    I'd be leading the lynch party.
    I've always said "Never encourage this scum, the next bike that they nick could be your's or mine!"
    I meen this very seriously, it's beyond the pail in my book mate.

Steve R

again quite correct steve and my " angle grinder " statement was a jest . my point was the fact that a set of cases had been stamped ZDM888W4 and then no number , i understand that new cases will have NO marks on whatsoever so why should a set be just stamped zdm888w4 just a strange one

spike

+ Reply to Thread