+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Project Bike Anyone?

Carry on with the theories and watch a bike that is really only usefull for spares fetch more than it is really worth!

Better to buy a very clean example at 2-3,000 mark, than a mongrel dog at 1500 and spend hundreds of pounds and lots of time, 'you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'!

All things said, it may still be worth buying for a track based bike or a special, depends on the end price.

Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post

Carry on with the theories and watch a bike that is really only usefull for spares fetch more than it is really worth!
    I won't say that Peter, I've seen far worst off examples restored to there former glory!

Infact if you know of a clean '89 851 for 2k - I would buy it!

If this bike were closer I'd take a look at her - really like the look of these early 851's - for my next project - hence my interest in this post!

Infact it would be a shame to break her up for parts as 95% of it seems to be original very early 851.

If I were considering buying it– I wouldn’t be paying big money without checking the frame/engine number with Ducati to see what’s what.

Whether or not it’s a SP1 (although were SP1’s not 851 – as the race series allowed them to be bored out?) I think it’s an ’89 and if it is should have looked like this I think;
    Last edited by jr60; 06-22-2009 at 06:32 AM.

I'm at Oulton this weekend so I'm going to try to pop around some time this week to take a look. I really want something like this to build into a Race rep, I feel breaking up a good condition bike is a sin. But I'm not getting into a silly bidding war.
    Last edited by Mbracing748; 06-23-2009 at 05:39 AM.

It's down in Surrey, the seller is up Wembley way somewhere or I'd have looked on Friday when I go to see AC/DC.

Quote Originally Posted by stafford View Post
    It's down in Surrey, the seller is up Wembley way somewhere or I'd have looked on Friday when I go to see AC/DC.
    AC/DC, Cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    AC/DC, Cool!!
    saw them at donnington in the early 80,s " Monsters of Rock " eee them were the days

spike

LOL I last saw them at Wembley when they were supporting The Who.

Stafford that means you're older than you look!

I'm gonna buy some hair colouring product!

Quote Originally Posted by stafford View Post
    LOL I last saw them at Wembley when they were supporting The Who.
    I saw The Who live at 'The Valley' Charlton Athletic football ground in '72...
    At the time they were the LOUDEST rock band in the World, I later saw Motorhead who blew The Who out of the water as far as Decibels are concerned...
    For me though The Who's muscial content was far better...
    Lemmy drives a good heavy rock band, but he could never match Pete Townsend's writing tallent IMHO!

Steve (Out of my brain on the 5.15) R...

P.S. Does anyone out there know why Lemmy is called that?
    I do I just want to know if any others know why.
    Last edited by Mr.R; 06-23-2009 at 05:32 PM.

I've never seen them in Concert. I still have my 73' Marshall 100W Super Lead full stack, gets that Angus sound to the T. Fun to crank it up and play Back in Black!

+ Reply to Thread