+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what's the easiest quickest cheapest way to spruce up engine casings?

Default what's the easiest quickest cheapest way to spruce up engine casings?

As it says in the title please,bike is totally stripped but engine and ancillaries still on the bike,as i'm cleaning /painting things as they go back on now the rebuild/light resto is about to start what is the best way to clean up the outer casings,i'm thinking along the lines of wire wool light wet and dry and spray by hand,is this ideal?
    Doe's anyone no the paint code's for the casing colour's?
    and finally doe's anyone no who can machine my clutch casing to rs spec in the uk?
    Sorry for all the question's just wish i had your knowledge to help other's out!!!! If you want help with farming matters or mk1 golf gti's then i'm your man!!!
    Last edited by superfly; 05-06-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: cabbage spelling!!

hi mate whats the best killer for wragweed ? its doing my nut in

spike

sorry ( but i would like to know ) i think mr r has machined a few clutch cases in his time ( and thats alot of time ) and as for the casings i think hindsight had some coated ask him how they came out ?? me i,d go down your route and paint em !! but like yourself i,m not a 851/888 guru .. but if you,d like to know the coeficient of linear expansion or pye to many places then ask somebody else cos i,m a thick civil engineer , i can however dig a very big hole and fill it with grey lumpy stuff , which does come in handy if you fall out with people .

spike
    Last edited by spike; 05-06-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    hi mate whats the best killer for wragweed ? its doing my nut in

the coeficient of linear expansion

Well Aluminium clutch casing so that would be (10-6 in/in oF) 12.3

okay okay

magnesium 14
    titanium 4.8

and pye starts 3.142

spike

Spike !!! you lot are confusing me now!! you need roundup not sure of the measurements depends how much you got to get rid of, if its wragwort then the only way is the manual way get yer hands dirty and pull em out.
    Last edited by superfly; 05-06-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: mmm

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    as for the casings i think hindsight had some coated ask him how they came out ??
    Good grief - you've been paying attention

Correct - I renovated a tired looking 900SS earlier this year. I sent the alternator cover and clutch cover off to Triple-S to get powder coated, and the result was fabulous. I've had a few things powder coated over the last few years, by a few suppliers. So far, I can't fault triple-S for both quality and service.

You can see the items in these photos. Very close colour match, and finished better than new:

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Spike !!! you lot are confusing me now!! you need roundup not sure of the measurements depends how much you got to get rid of, if its wragwort then the only way is the manual way get yer hands dirty and pull em out.

i,m sorry for the interuption of your thread ,,, i,ve been told off for this before and i promised never to digress again buttttt wellll i car,nt help myself .

right back to the thread yes it is wragwort ... oh i,m gunner get done by somebody

spike

[QUOTE=hindsight;11244]Good grief - you've been paying attention

yes its a talent of mine , i can remember total trivia but forget my girlfriend of nearly 30yrs birthday ( thats not a girlfriend 30 yrs old but a friend for 30 yrs ) good finish on them parts mate pass the info on and i,ll not get kicked off the site for hijacking threads and being an arse ... sorry lads

spike

+ Reply to Thread