+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Parts interchangeability

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was suprised when the 900ss filter wouldnt fit. it was a k&N from my superlight so its going back on that while i stick with the stock paper element. Makes me wary about buying one off fleabay if its a year specific version.
    After playing about with this I can confirm the 900ss and '94 888 strada have the same OEM paper filter and I can swap them ok but a K/N filter DU0900? that fits a 900ss airbox ok wont fit the late strada (1994) airbox as the dimensions are off. The K/N is a touch too long/wide and the tolerances in the 900SS airbox are ok for this but not in the late strada airbox. When I tried previously it was with the K/N filter . I've decided to stick with the paper elements as they are easy enough to change, rather that trying to trim the K/N down (may be possible, but decided it can stay in the 900sl).
    I also abandoned fitting one of the steel airfilter frames designed to replace the airbox lid as its tolerances made it an interference fit inside the tank once it was lowered, figured this would lead to rubbing between the filter frame and inside of the tank with the engine running..

Monster S4 tb's are the same size as the 851 (46mm). Only the air-horns are different length (S4 longer).

The valve guide seals on our bikes are just a bit pricey, around 6 each here in the UK, but the same parts can be had from BMW car spares dealers for around 1.50 each.
    The valve guides are also expensive and made from cast iron.
    Renault car valve guides can be easily shortened and turned down to accept the seals and are made from colisbro/bronze.
    I got hold of some of these and had them turned down to suit for 8 each inc' buying the guides.
    I also sourced some Plasma hardened Stainless Steel race quality O/S valves 36/31's at a fraction of the cost of DP items, the DP valves are/were priced at around 60 each and the ones I found came in at under 17 each.
    This was including the mark up from my source, I'll try to find the manufacturers name if I'm successful the price could be even lower...

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We seem to have some variances in the mix and match list. I've swapped front indicators from 900ss(92-97) to 888 ok fit issues I suspect are more down to part quality variances .
    Yes, you are right.. I am a dumbass... and have sacked myself.. also, those in charge of stopping me from being a dumbass have also been sacked.

I updated the list on the first post.

Robert

Default Engine cases

S4, ST4, ST2 and 2001 900 monster and SS all share the same engine cases.

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    S4, ST4, ST2 and 2001 900 monster and SS all share the same engine cases.

Griff
    Griff,

I've got a set of 2002 M900 cases. Just 2001 M900 or 2001 + cases?

The starter relay from a Kawasaki GPZ is the same as the one used on supersports/ superbikes.

Marvin I selected the ST4 cases and then selected applications and it came up with those results. Mon 2001 and ss 2001 only those years. I'll check on Saturday what the mon900 2002 cases are the same as.

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    Marvin I selected the ST4 cases and then selected applications and it came up with those results. Mon 2001 and ss 2001 only those years. I'll check on Saturday what the mon900 2002 cases are the same as.

Griff
    thanks Griff!

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Griff,

I've got a set of 2002 M900 cases. Just 2001 M900 or 2001 + cases?
    Hi Marvin
    Mon 900ie 2002 cases the same as sport 900 2002, 900ss 02, st4 03 and st2 03.

Griff

+ Reply to Thread