+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Engine stand

Default Ducati people ARE Thrust worthy!!

Thomas,

Looking forward to receiving the stand and thanks for helping out. I think I will have to change my Tag line, as without your stand we would have no Thrust to use.

Chris
    Torque is NOT cheap!

Stands on the way!
    Cheers!
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by hauge View Post
    Hello Mark!
    thanks for asking.Unfortumatly the last was sold yesterday. I had to batches made and I allways sold a few to many (I need one more my self).
    IŽll organize a new batch. I'll get back with a time shedule.

For those who have ordered. I will have the boxes sendt on tuesday (IŽll have to plan for a full day at the office for the pick up)

best regards
    thomas
    Hi Thomas.

Still needing one, so let me know when you make some more and I'll send you my address and some Euros.

Have a merry Christmas and Best wishes for the New Year!

Mark

This is my own version. I use it for professional use. Its base is sized suitably for the collecting pan behind. As you can see it can be used for copabassa engines. The engine bracket is from Bike-Lift. Although it's specific for Ducati engines the attaching bolts are fitted to the removable side,not the fixed one, so I drilled them out and got new ones welded to the right (fixed) size, some the crankcase can be opened without removing the engine from the stand, just as the factory one.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BARONROJO View Post
    This is my own version. I use it for professional use. Its base is sized suitably for the collecting pan behind. As you can see it can be used for copabassa engines. The engine bracket is from Bike-Lift. Although it's specific for Ducati engines the attaching bolts are fitted to the removable side,not the fixed one, so I drilled them out and got new ones welded to the right (fixed) size, some the crankcase can be opened without removing the engine from the stand, just as the factory one.
    Nice chunky base, and I like the drip tray, but doesn't the top fixing get rather in the way for refitting the frame?

In fact it's a one person operation. I have a plate that bolts to the base threaded holes just in front of the ones used for the bracket. With a platform jack I take the engine out of the bike. As this is done with the bike on a lift table, I set it's heigth to slide the jack with the engine on It to the auxiliary table the engine stand is sitting on (see picture).
    Then I lift the engine on the jack, bolt the rear bracket to the crankcase (the bracket has the shaft welded to it) and finally put the stand in the shaft. I lower the Jack and the stand leans on the table.
    And yes, the table has brake equipped wheels so I can take it anywhere in the workshop.

It may sound complex but it' a breeze and very safe operation. Just what a one man workshop needs!

By the way, the base plate can be seen at the background, it's under the lathe behind the engine's horizontal head. Un fact that's the one I use for flat bottom oil sump crankcases. The one for 'copabassa' engines has the attaching profiles a little longer.

+ Reply to Thread