+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SP2 detail

Default SP2 detail

I am looking at purchasing an SP2, and would like some opinions to assist my decision

The rear suspension hoop is Yellow, from what I read could be from a later bike. Why would it be changed ?, also has some odd stone chips, so maybe from a race bike ?

Is the suspension rocker arm SP2 specific, and can it be determined the correct part from these pictures ?

The underseat area is in GFK, and has been repaired, again does this look a factory piece, as it seems to have a flat cover, yet others I have seen has a ribbed underside

I'm not an expert on the SP2, but that's a corse rocker. To use that rocker, you need the matching hoop (which you have). I suspect it was yellow when the owner of this bike bought and installed it.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 cafť.

Rocker & hoop are std SP2 parts albeit the hoop should be white not yellow. RH Footrest bracket looks to have been painted black, again this should be white and needs close inspection to establish why. Early 851ís were prone to damage in this area when dropped and later frames were modified to improve crash resistance.

None of the above are reasons to walk away providing the price reflects condition and you know what you are buying

Under seat panel is not original - can you post pictures of complete bike to help establish originality and condition

thanks for the feedback, I have a gallery of pictures here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/techni...h/49146744941/

all feedback greatly appreciated

Good news is itís a genuine SP2.

Its clearly been messed with and quite a few bolts, brackets, paint, seat pad etc. are non original. Key parts like, forks, shock, subframe, exhausts, frame/engine, bodywork etc. are there which makes restoration possible without hunting for hard to find parts

If your looking for an SP to refresh or restore and the price is right go for it

If you want a bike you can ride or admire now look elsewhere for better example

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread