+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ducati 851 For Sale, Project Bike

Default Ducati 851 For Sale, Project Bike

Ducati 851 - £3000 ono

Here for sale is my Ducati 851 project bike. I bought the bike 18 months with the intention of restoring it back to original and getting it back on the road. But other projects have got in the way so I have decided to sell.

The previous owner bought the bike with the intention of turning it into a race bike hence the fairings etc are not with the bike.

The bike was originally registered October 1989, is G plate. Bike was last MOTíd in 2015 and has been SORNíd since then. I have the V5, lots of MOT and service documents.

Forks suspension has recently been serviced and the bike hasnít been used since.

Not a huge project to get it back on the road again.

Feel free to get in touch for more info.

Thanks

James

Interesting numbering on the frame. DGM homologation code is above the chassis number. Also the text seems strange. It has been machined on somehow so not made in a haphazard way.I,m just interested to see if anyone else has seen that arrangement before. Engine is 916cc ???

Default Sorry Price error

Sorry all, I noticed I have put the wrong price, I only noticed tonight when I checked back in. I meant to put £3500 Ono not £3000.

So the price is £3500 ono.

Thanks

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jallinson46 View Post
    Ducati 851 - £3500 ono

Here for sale is my Ducati 851 project bike. I bought the bike 18 months with the intention of restoring it back to original and getting it back on the road. But other projects have got in the way so I have decided to sell.

The previous owner bought the bike with the intention of turning it into a race bike hence the fairings etc are not with the bike.

The bike was originally registered October 1989, is G plate. Bike was last MOTíd in 2015 and has been SORNíd since then. I have the V5, lots of MOT and service documents.

Forks suspension has recently been serviced and the bike hasnít been used since.

Not a huge project to get it back on the road again.

Feel free to get in touch for more info.

Thanks

James

Interesting. It has a steel Monster swingarm with bracing added (looks nice) and a ST4 header.
    Also, the heads and cylinders are silver so I'm betting this has a ST4 motor in it
    Edit. It is an ST4 motor. It has the later style alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    Interesting numbering on the frame. DGM homologation code is above the chassis number. Also the text seems strange. It has been machined on somehow so not made in a haphazard way.I,m just interested to see if anyone else has seen that arrangement before. Engine is 916cc ???
    On my '89 851, it is the same.

+ Reply to Thread