+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rear Seat Pad plastic base for 888 SP4/SP5/Single Seat conversion

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    Bridgland

Looking good. Just a couple of thoughts from my side to try and fix some of the poor design of the original. If the long rib at the top causes a problem to cover (No room for staples) then maybe 2 ribs at the further outer points where possible , approx the same width as the single one of the original . This will stop it from trying to rotate and fit badly. Your extended rib might make it difficult to assemble but should stop it also from falling off.
    Paul - How about this version? Extra material on the outer edges (like Stig has in his photo) and better bracing. I want to try to make the pad be an option for people with SP4/SP5 original seats and want slimmer rear pads, so I don't want to make the top hook too wide, but I have lowered and lengthened the lower stabilzer tabs, on the left and right side.

Thanks to the forum for the reviews of what I have done so far and advice given.

Chris
    Attached Images
    Torque is NOT cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgland View Post
    Paul - How about this version? Extra material on the outer edges (like Stig has in his photo) and better bracing. I want to try to make the pad be an option for people with SP4/SP5 original seats and want slimmer rear pads, so I don't want to make the top hook too wide, but I have lowered and lengthened the lower stabilzer tabs, on the left and right side.

Thanks to the forum for the reviews of what I have done so far and advice given.

Chris
    Bridland

Yes that looks really good now , I am sure you will be able to see and feel the difference. Where will you be getting the foam part and the covering material from ?.

After this part I guess the next job will be the front single seat base. That will require metal inserts but I am sure you could model in the necessary shape to fix them.
    Last edited by dudlington; 09-13-2019 at 02:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread