+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! ID carbon fuel tank fittings

Default Help! ID carbon fuel tank fittings

So I finally found an affordable carbon fuel tank (thanks Ducfactory, much appreciated!) to replace my porous alloy unit but I completely overlooked the fuel connections.

Is anybody able to ID these quick-connections? Are they a Ducati part?

They look they might unscrew but I think I might unleash a world of hurt going down that path.....

They look like OEM Ducati Corse fuel fittings that screw in. I borrowed a pair of original units from Mark T and made a few reproduction fittings a few years ago but don't remember who I sold them to (on this Forum) or how many I made.

You seem to be missing the female quick disconnects.

I have a set, very nice pieces indeed. Finally fitted them a couple of weeks ago. What do you want to know? Yes they unscrew. M20 thread. Both have identical male fittings. Pressure side is straight through. Return has reversion/check valve in it. Fitting the hose clamp on the pressure side is a bastard of an idea and patience is required. Just a zip tie on the return hose will do. I used loctite master pipe seal on the threads.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Oops! Yes, I meanít to say Iím hoping to find a set of female connectors to suit, sorry.

Thanks very much for the info, at least I know what Iím looking for now. Of course if someone has some available Iíll be very interested.

First race-round with the old girl coming up this weekend, doesnít look like the lovely light tank will get a guernsey this time around, but no biggie really, should be fun.

Just couple of other tank related things. I put thermo tec adhesives heat shielding on the underside, and it’s a good idea to use 888 mounts down towards the quick disconnect fittings. Apparently the rear mount had a tendency to fail, so support is a good idea. I just used a good quality silastic to hold them on the frame rails and a Teflon rubbing strip on the tank. I used a couple of DNA conical air filters with the 3 piece air box. A little modification on the rear one with I silasticed in place. I made PVC snap rings to go around the velocity stacks. Move your air temp sensor to the front sub frame, saves a lot of problems. Odometer reset knob hole is perfect.

Ps. There was a C/F tank on eBay recently Aus$2500, filler neck seals on eBay now, but rubber grease brings up an old hard one nicely. Fuel pumps are pretty much a car one available at repco, super cheap auto etc. I used an MX 5 type one and added a plug on the wires.
    They did rupture on impact, so the simple solution is don’t crash.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by griff851; 05-26-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Cool Tank connectors

PM me with your mail address mate might have what you need to get you going.

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    Just couple of other tank related things. I put thermo tec adhesives heat shielding on the underside, and itís a good idea to use 888 mounts down towards the quick disconnect fittings. Apparently the rear mount had a tendency to fail, so support is a good idea. I just used a good quality silastic to hold them on the frame rails and a Teflon rubbing strip on the tank. I used a couple of DNA conical air filters with the 3 piece air box. A little modification on the rear one with I silasticed in place. I made PVC snap rings to go around the velocity stacks. Move your air temp sensor to the front sub frame, saves a lot of problems. Odometer reset knob hole is perfect.

Ps. There was a C/F tank on eBay recently Aus$2500, filler neck seals on eBay now, but rubber grease brings up an old hard one nicely. Fuel pumps are pretty much a car one available at repco, super cheap auto etc. I used an MX 5 type one and added a plug on the wires.
    They did rupture on impact, so the simple solution is donít crash.
    Thanks Griff, more handy info! Luckily ducafactory included all the internals and cap etc so it is pretty much ready to go, even has new pump hoses fitted.

Don't know if you recall but I had this sock-type airfilter fitted:

I've done a bit of crude testing, and the air flow is pretty poor. Well, it probably flows ok overall but it diffuses the flow so much that you can barely feel a compressed air gun blowing from the other side. So I've come up with this agricultural arrangement. It isn't flash but I'll get it on the dyno again and go for a tidier Mkll version if it makes a difference:

The filter medium is loosely woven nylon that passes air much more readily than the foam:

And I'm going to seal the edges of the frame/airbox against the tank with this adhesive foam, which is fairly firm and should help support the tank:

The ol' tractor has the Corsa style intake so no subframe to mount the air temp sensor off. It's mounted like this at the moment, seems to be ok so far, but I'll keep it in mind if things start going screwy as it heat soaks on the dummy grid or such like:

Thanks for reminding me! I snaffled some foil insulation material from work (SSSSSH!) and must fit it.

The new tank has the front mount pins, need to manufacture the reciprocal pins to mount somewhere as there is nothing to strap it too at present.

Just got home from a few weeks away at work, spent the last few days catching up on the missus "to do" list (happy wife = happy life) but should be able to get stuck in the next couple of days. (famous last words...)
    Last edited by seven4nineR; 05-26-2019 at 09:48 PM.

CPC plastic connectors are needed to attach fuel hose to CF tank fittings.

Iíve used RS Components in the UK to supply those parts before

Quote Originally Posted by AJV View Post
    CPC plastic connectors are needed to attach fuel hose to CF tank fittings.

Iíve used RS Components in the UK to supply those parts before
    Thanks mate, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by seven4nineR View Post
    Thanks mate, good to know.
    Yep, cpc female connects.. NOTE : use White version. Great looking tank !

+ Reply to Thread