+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 926 corsa build , ex G Ritchie chassis .

Default 926 corsa build , ex G Ritchie chassis .

So , i'm in a happy place with my oxford 888 corsa and my attention is turning to this bike -
    a 926 corsa , ex G Ritchie chassis , suppied from moto cinelli in period to my late friend Graeme Ritchie .

The last 888 to ever qualify and compete in WSB , much to Graeme's surprise on the weekend !

however , and very sadly he crashed it and died in hospital a few days later ..

The team scrapped/salvaged the remaining parts and I noticed the frame put aside a month later , Claire said I could have it , and I bought some parts and built it into a supermono rep which I ran at Mallory a few times and put aside as work commitments built up ..

Anyway fast forward to 2016 and I stripped the supermono and swapped the rare 926 frame back out in order to build up a corsa with the parts accumulated over time - not a restoration just a build in the style of a 926 corsa , and dedicated to Graeme - a real Ducati fan and racer .

my build pics are here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/redmax...57688642314075

i'm maybe half way through , with engine in build at mo .

Anyway , I know it's not original - but every 926 is worth saving right ?

i'm looking for and pictures and info from Graeme's racing , ie this bikes history to go with the story
    I have some - see flickr page link , but any help would be appreciated !

Cheers Steve .
    Attached Images
    Get yer twins out !

Steve---Looks like a fun build.

They are a pleasure to build- and big fun on the track. Very friendly track bikes.

I can relate to your build- I have had the pleasure of rebuilding/restoring/tracking seven Corses starting back in '96

The paint on your frame looks like new-- is it a repaint--- and if so--- do you have the color number or the formula you can share? I have a '94 Corse which I had painted the frame white back in the day-- and now I would like to get her back to stock color.

Yes it's a repainted frame , I had a NOS 916 headlamp holder and gave that to our painter ( in the UK) to copy . He did a great job matching the colour and satin finish . No paint code though ...
    So any good painter can match it , we happen to use a very good one !
    Cheers Steve .
    Get yer twins out !

I've got these two extra pics (found somewhere on the web during researches of corsa pics, it was apprently taken at Brands Hatch in March 1994).

Wow , don't they look great brand new !
    Thanks for the pics , never seen before - will add to my file .
    Thanks Again , Steve .
    Get yer twins out !

Quote Originally Posted by outtacontrolla View Post
    Yes it's a repainted frame , I had a NOS 916 headlamp holder and gave that to our painter ( in the UK) to copy . He did a great job matching the colour and satin finish . No paint code though ...
    So any good painter can match it , we happen to use a very good one !
    Cheers Steve .
    Steve- I would have to bring one of my other Corse's two hours away to the nearest high quality paint supplier. I do all of my own painting. I was hoping your painter would know what base color he started with (probably using a color matching camera all painters normally have) before he tinted it up correctly. In the US paint supplier do not carry the Euro brand paint used---- and PPG which is what I normally use does not have a cross over number.

The two numbers I have found for Euro paint for Ducati 3017 are :

LECHLER DUC 6 . ORO TEALIO OPACC

BASF 339.7017

I was at the Brands Hatch WSBK round when Ritchie sadly lost his live. Think it was 96 or 97. My first visit to a WSBK race and the first and last time I saw a 888 race at that level. A lost kneeslider tore his brakelines. After this accident technical rules stated that the 1 in 2 split for the front brakeline had to be above the bottem yoke.
    I haven't forgotten Ritchie. I never really knew or followed him but he's a bit of a racing hero to me. Hope the bike turns out great Steve!

+ Reply to Thread