put a more solid stop at the front.
    Good idea, thanks.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgland View Post
    https://ducati888.co.uk/wp-content/u...bwg=1546001867

I use the Abba Skylift stand.

Chris
    Probably a silly question, but anyway...

I have an ABBA stand and the front lift arm. I was able to use this fine with my (now sold!) S1000RR, as there was somewhere to screw in a bobbin to take the strap. With my 1198S ABBA supply a bobbin that goes into the rear wheel axle, so that shouldn't be a problem. What do you do with the 851/888 bikes?

Thanks

Andrew
    851 SP3 #197
    1198S

The rear axle is hollow so I just slide an Allen key in and put the strap round. I should make something better really.

Ive the narrow style lift, Went for one of these for several reasons but mainly so I could transport it between mine and my dads and is pretty good for folding up to store, Very well made, It is pretty heavy though, No use for using with paddock stands, I changed the useless front wheel clamp for a cam type wheel chock which is great,
    Last edited by Jack888; 02-12-2019 at 03:54 PM.

[QUOTE=Jack888;71740]Ive the narrow style lift, Went for one of these for several reasons but mainly so I could transport it between mine and my dads and is pretty good for folding up to store, Very well made, It is pretty heavy though, No use for using with paddock stands, I changed the useless front wheel clamp for a cam type wheel chock which is great,

I Like the added strap idea on the front chock for added stability...........however I guess you do your wheel removal on the ground ?.

[QUOTE=dudlington;71742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack888 View Post
    Ive the narrow style lift, Went for one of these for several reasons but mainly so I could transport it between mine and my dads and is pretty good for folding up to store, Very well made, It is pretty heavy though, No use for using with paddock stands, I changed the useless front wheel clamp for a cam type wheel chock which is great,

I Like the added strap idea on the front chock for added stability...........however I guess you do your wheel removal on the ground ?.
    Yep, only takes 10 or 15mins to remove and refit wheels so doesn't really bother me, I have the Abba superbike stand with fittings for my bikes and im in the process of making up a wider adapter plate for it to securely sit on on the lift if I was to remove forks etc for any reason,
    I go over the top when securing the bikes on ramp after loosing a bike of my old lift in the past, I could have cried lol when it happened especially with it been my dads bike, Nightmare

This is the chock I have bolted to the front of the lift, Its worth its weight in gold, Really makes life so much easier putting bike on and of and is very secure aswell
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Cho...wAAOSwyXhZwOoS

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
    Probably a silly question, but anyway...

I have an ABBA stand and the front lift arm. I was able to use this fine with my (now sold!) S1000RR, as there was somewhere to screw in a bobbin to take the strap. With my 1198S ABBA supply a bobbin that goes into the rear wheel axle, so that shouldn't be a problem. What do you do with the 851/888 bikes?

Thanks

Andrew
    I just wrapped around the Swing arm. May look at another option once the swing arm comes back nicely prepared.
    Torque is NOT cheap!

Made up some 16mm pins to replace the stupid bolts they had for the lift arm pivots, and put the bike up on the bench. Wow. Everyone should have one of these. $500. Like changing a Duo shock for an Ohlins. Whole new world!
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

+ Reply to Thread