+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I could have expected it!

Default I could have expected it!

Last week I saw an advertisement for an Ohlins FG43 front fork on a Dutch site. Brand new and only once mounted. Talking on the phone, the man turned out to be an 888 enthusiast. He guaranteed me that this fork would be a real asset to my project. I did not even have to pay them immediately! We, 888 enthusiasts, trust each other!
    After receiving the package, the forks turned out to be brand new but also 80cm long! Most of the forks are between 71-73cm in length. And suddenly that friendly gentleman was no longer available by phone! Luckily I did not pay anything and after a long urging, I got his address to return the forks!
    In the meantime I have heard from 3 people stories that confirm this gentleman's reputation (from selling home made Brembo's!!!!!! to not delivering goods).
    So be careful when trading with Fred. His phonenumber ends with 710.
    Oh ... and turns out: he's a mate from that Stretta guy ...
    I could have expected it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinta View Post
    Last week I saw an advertisement for an Ohlins FG43 front fork on a Dutch site. Brand new and only once mounted. Talking on the phone, the man turned out to be an 888 enthusiast. He guaranteed me that this fork would be a real asset to my project. I did not even have to pay them immediately! We, 888 enthusiasts, trust each other!
    After receiving the package, the forks turned out to be brand new but also 80cm long! Most of the forks are between 71-73cm in length. And suddenly that friendly gentleman was no longer available by phone! Luckily I did not pay anything and after a long urging, I got his address to return the forks!
    In the meantime I have heard from 3 people stories that confirm this gentleman's reputation (from selling home made Brembo's!!!!!! to not delivering goods).
    So be careful when trading with Fred. His phonenumber ends with 710.
    Oh ... and turns out: he's a mate from that Stretta guy ...
    I could have expected it!
    Sounds like you were lucky.............but the mystery is "what were the forks from ".

It's not really a mystery: Ohlins made 'universal' forks and these were 80cm long. Funny, because you simply can order a replacement for your bike which have the correct lenght.
    I don't think they sold lots of these 'universals'.

So you have a free fg43 now.😁

Henk!!!

To be honest Henk, I've thought about it!

...but I'm an honest guy, so I put them on the post yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread