+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new bike

Default The new bike

So my quest is over - I am now the proud owner of this lovely SP5. It took a bit of TLC and a rather hefty service bill to re-commision her, now I am waiting for some warmer weather and salt free roads to see what she's like to ride.

Thanks to all for the good advice; there were some tense moments dealing with Ducati UK, but Ducati Italy put me on the right course.
    Last edited by mtyndall99; 12-24-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Congratulations, thats a mighty fine looking machine.

Griff

Great looking bike looks very clean, have fun riding this baby but i know you will

I saw that today in Pro Twins. It's cleaner than a clean thing. Enjoy..

Quote Originally Posted by mtyndall99 View Post
    So my quest is over - I am now the proud owner of this lovely SP5. It took a bit of TLC and a rather hefty service bill to re-commision her, now I am waiting for some warmer weather and salt free roads to see what she's like to ride.

Thanks to all for the good advice; there were some tense moments dealing with Ducati UK, but Ducati Italy put me on the right course.
    What was up with Ducati UK and not Ducati Italy?
    1992 Ducati 888 SP4
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    2010 HD XRCR

Where there's a will, there is a way, and there is a #%&@ing way...

Ducati UK, although very helpful, struggled to confirm the authenticity of the bike - a major blow to both me and the seller. Ducati Italy took a while to get respond, but did confirm that everything was as it should be. Perhaps it was related to the bike being outside of the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by mtyndall99 View Post
    Ducati UK, although very helpful, struggled to confirm the authenticity of the bike - a major blow to both me and the seller. Ducati Italy took a while to get respond, but did confirm that everything was as it should be. Perhaps it was related to the bike being outside of the UK?
    My experience with Ducati Uk is that they have the details to the UK supplied bikes to hand, and can check very quickly - however, as you suggest, for machines supplied elsewhere, they need to refer to Bologna - this can obviously introduce delays.

They were very, very helpful. I couldn't fault their service at all, especially as they don't charge for it.

+ Reply to Thread