+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ST4S - SPS racer

Default ST4S - SPS racer

Racer project started mid June , with the mission to race in Sweden 11-12 August 2018.
    Starting position ; bone stock super condition ST4S engine and a strada frame..
    SPS left hand side (cover, gears, flywheel,race sensors)
    box P8 w 996 SPS chip - Open ex,
    Harness ; SP5
    Injectors ; SPS’ SP5 open Airbox
    Radiator ; race size
    Tacho ; Electronics a signal from pin 23

Result ; a perfectly running bike with a masive pull (not had dyno done yet)
    Next ; T1 heads and cams, then Dyno.

Very easy build, given availability of SPS parts. (Zero harness and electronics hassle)
    Last edited by stiglarsenDK; 08-13-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Fotos added

Default Cleaned up the rear end ;-)

Found some CF parts to cover up the hole under seat when removing the plastic under tail unit.. (these are not including air breather like the corsa part.. just a shaped sheet. With no prep to mount the P08 box , relay panel etc.. some fabrication needed.. here the result for inspiration in case some of you have similar plans to get rid of the plastic unit..
    Box upside down.. and 90 turn.. box hanging in two 20x4 mm alu brackets.. relay unit mounted on its back side.. clean rear end ;-)

Nice work.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

Sweet Stig
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stig

Seems like a simple solution. Just out of curiosity how are the Aluminium brackets fixed to the subframe ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    Stig

Seems like a simple solution. Just out of curiosity how are the Aluminium brackets fixed to the subframe ?.
    The two 4x20 mm cross beams are attached to the P08 box ref fotos . They fold down wards and due to oppesit taper shape of the rear frame this in it self lock it from moving back and forth. The vertical lock is made by 4 rubber parts like those used on body work. Between between the Alu touch points I have thin single sided glue foam to prevent metal metal.

It all looks neat Stig but...
    I used a carbon undertray like yours, then strengthened the mounting points and mounting points for 3 rubber lastic mounts for the P8.
    Then mounted the ECU direct to the carbon undertray, sited the relays via "Blobs" of silicon RTV to the undertray and used 9*6 Strada/SP heatsinks mounted to the ECU to mount the amplifier boxes.
    It looks neater than your set up and weighs less...RESULT!
    I Then made my own engine breather box in carbon (4.5 ltrs) that sits on top of a rubber anti vib' sheet on top of the p8.

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    It all looks neat Stig but...
    I used a carbon undertray like yours, then strengthened the mounting points and mounting points for 3 rubber lastic mounts for the P8.
    Then mounted the ECU direct to the carbon undertray, sited the relays via "Blobs" of silicon RTV to the undertray and used 9*6 Strada/SP heatsinks mounted to the ECU to mount the amplifier boxes.
    It looks neater than your set up and weighs less...RESULT!
    I Then made my own engine breather box in carbon (4.5 ltrs) that sits on top of a rubber anti vib' sheet on top of the p8.

Steve R
    Thought of mounting direct into cf unit, but not see a way through it... fotos please

See you there!
    Cheers!
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by stiglarsenDK View Post
    The two 4x20 mm cross beams are attached to the P08 box ref fotos . They fold down wards and due to oppesit taper shape of the rear frame this in it self lock it from moving back and forth. The vertical lock is made by 4 rubber parts like those used on body work. Between between the Alu touch points I have thin single sided glue foam to prevent metal metal.
    Stig

Just one thing , is your mounting for the ECU rubber mounted ?. From the factory these were always rubber mounted to the plastic undertray/mudguard assy , I guess to stop the vibrations from the mighty twin upsettling some of the delicate electronics.............over time.

+ Reply to Thread