+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection

Just keep telling yourself itís a Zen thing.
    After 13 years lucky it isnít weeping oil as well.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

this is what came out of the radiator when i was washing it out. i'm guessing it's bits of thermostat.
    Attached Images
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Ah, but whereís the spring then. If you canít get a replacement I should have my old one from when it was just an 89 biposto.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

guess i should have asked first.

i've bought a new aprilia one to pull apart and fit the middle bits to my old body. one of my 907 customers did it successfully, so there's a fair to middling chance i can screw it right up.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

If it is the thermostat..............where are all the other parts ???????.

inside the thermostat i guess. i haven't had a look at it yet, i started with the radiator which did have an obvious issue.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    this is what came out of the radiator when i was washing it out. i'm guessing it's bits of thermostat.
    I had that exact issue with mine recently, except the parts didn't make it out of the thermostat.

Bought a new one and then realised the '89 was has the opposite outlet, so swapped the internals over. Not had a chance to test it yet as my rad is also being rebuilt and not yet back with me.

Griff, if it all goes wrong, I may be interested in that 89 thermostat!

with the original radiator resting on its lh end, sticking the hose into the outlet had it flowing straight out the inlet with nothing making it to the top. it's pretty beat up visually, but i sent it out to see if it's worth having a play with anyway. still waiting for some feedback.

thermostat reco. pretty obvious why it wasn't working as intended.

the steel retaining ring unfolded pretty easily and the end cap sort of "snaps" in and out. swapped everything out of the body into the old body and bob's your aunty. worked a treat it seems. folded the retaining ring back down with my wee ball peen hammer just nice.

got it hot and it settled around 80 for a while before climbing again until the fan came on at 95 odd and then it dropped visibly (you could see the needle dropping) until 85 odd and seemed to sit there for a few minutes.

way better than it was when stationary before. no time to ride it today, but if it's not pissing rain tomorrow i'll be riding it to get it rwc and checked out for club permit.

lovely new radiator too. looks a treat.
    Attached Images
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

ran at 80 tops on the gauge today, dropped a little when i got into some 80 zones, otherwise was a consistant 80 degrees in all the 60 zones. was pretty cold today too - 14 degrees.

idles pretty crap -like it's got really loose closing clearances, which i just did allegedly. and the mapping is crap down low - at 3,500 rpm just as you go to almost closed throttle it just shuts down, which is when you''re going down a bit of a hill and it's off and on and off and on and just pisses me off.

used to be a lot better. i haven't checked the fuel pressure, maybe i need to do that.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Where did the new rad come from Brad?
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

+ Reply to Thread