+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Road 5 or Power RS?

Threaded View

Default Road 5 or Power RS?

i'm getting the 851 back on the road, and need tyres. head says road 5, heart says power rs. it has the sp michelin stickers on the swingarm so it has to be one or the other or look like a goose.

i imagine the road 5 would do everything better than the pilot sport i fitted in 2001.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Unless you plan on a few trackdays I’d go the sports/touring Road 5. Not saying you’re old or nuffink but I think you’ll be past knee on the deck craziness on your Saturday arvo ride through the Dandenong’s?
    Sports/touring tyre will work better at lower temps (ie non-track riding) and won’t be so ready to square off.
    I’ve an “old” ‘06 R1 I use for recreational road duties (hey,something in the shed has to be reliable) stuck some Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa ll’s on (Pirelli equivalent to Road 5’s?) and don’t regret it for a second.

Edit: go for a 55 profile on the rear and you’ll be happy as a pig in poo, 50’s suck balls.
    Last edited by seven4nineR; 06-12-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Several of my friends are putting Road 5's on the rear on their sport bikes, a stickier tire on the front. Road 3 and 4 tires were cupping about at their half life, Road 5 seems to be better. I road Stevo's Sport Classic with a Road 5 on the rear in the twisties and experienced no problems at all. Wear is much better than softer tires . Not that I am all that fast but I didn't want to go any faster! I tried my DR650 on the track once with Pirelli Scorpion AT's and kept loosing the rear but it was no problem as long as I stayed on the gas and didn't chop the throttle. I was pushing it pretty hard!

about the fastest i ever rode was on a z3/z4 combo. which shows how long ago that was.

i think i'll go the road 5 both ends. i'm never going to ride it that fast. don't know how any more.

lucky it's a 180 rear. the current sports tyres aren't available in 170 i've found.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Iím just finishing off my spgriffy service, and took it for a squirt. The tires have time exíd. An interest point in an otherwise pleasing jaunt. I have the spa tacho red light set at 9500, man it likes staying on!
    I have a little fat happy tire man on my guard and run Pirelli. Have done since Hi Sports went the way of the Dodo. I tried pilots yonks ago, but they just didnít feel right.
    I reckon thereís a high probability it doesnít matter, as theyíll go off before they wear out anyway. So spend a couple of bucks on a roll of electrical tape for your sticker to cure your paranoia , and go with your heart. It is supposed to be a love affair isnít it, might as well enjoy it.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

i ordered some today. actually forgotten what i ordered now. i'll see what turns up.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Mate, you sound like your ready for a 450 mark 3.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Default Road 5 or Power RS?

Iíve no problem with a Michelin sticker on the bike and running Rosso111s on my 888 and S4, my 999 came with Michelins and they frightened the life out of me on these greasy Spanish roads. Pirelli tyres give me a warning before trying to throw me off.

Tric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tric; 06-16-2018 at 03:23 AM.

some power rs turned up. guess i went with them.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

I use Continental SportAttack2 on my bikes and I love them. I've tested them on my 851/996 hybrid and they're great!

And I have the MICHELIN sticker on my swingarm but, to be honest, Michelins lag behind the other brands...

+ Reply to Thread