+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Road 5 or Power RS?

Quote Originally Posted by BARONROJO View Post
    I use Continental SportAttack2 on my bikes and I love them. I've tested them on my 851/996 hybrid and they're great!

And I have the MICHELIN sticker on my swingarm but, to be honest, Michelins lag behind the other brands...
    That's the first positive review I have ever heard of Conti's ! But then perhaps they weren't the Attack2's, just the Attack. Presently I am really happy with Dunlop Q3's. In the past I have used Michelin Pilot Power (probably about 10 sets). They were good in their day but didn't give much warning when the let loose. (hope this doesn't turn into a tire war !)

A tyre war Marvin?
    I think the 851/888 crowd have a long way to go before we turn into the type of Bevel owner, who can carry out hostilities over which oil to use in their bikes.
    However on that note...I favour Rock Oil TRM in my Bevel's.

Steve R

Rock oil, useless crap. I insist on using.... no hang on, we’re in flux at the moment on bevel oil. Damn, caught out of position. Nice one Steve. But it is looking a lot being Penrite 15w50 ten tenths. 1600 ppm zinc, full synthetic and wet clutch friendly for $15 a litre. Come on how good is that. I also read there has been a splinter group having success with oil for diesels. Ah the worlds just gone mad.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    That's the first positive review I have ever heard of Conti's ! But then perhaps they weren't the Attack2's, just the Attack. Presently I am really happy with Dunlop Q3's. In the past I have used Michelin Pilot Power (probably about 10 sets). They were good in their day but didn't give much warning when the let loose. (hope this doesn't turn into a tire war !)
    I've got Dunlop Q2's or 3's ( can't remember which! ) on my 900 SS and I swap the wheels onto the SP3 the few times I use it. I bought them after having Q2's on my CBR1000RR which I used to track fairly regularly, and they were great. Never had a problem on road or track on either bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by got2dv8 View Post

Just hurry up and finish tearing her apart so you stop finding broken bits.
    SP3 #132
    1992 900 SS

I know these threads always turn into "Well I run these on my bike...", but someone mentioned Continental so...

My 851 came with brand new ContiMotion's, which after a lot of use I deemed are very good for the money. The only limitation I had with them was on track where the profile didn't allow for bigger lean angles, instead giving a little slide on the shoulder... fun when you catch it and ride on but also scary on your road bike and not something you try to repeat. They do wear relatively quickly too.

I was tempted to try the Road 5's but I'm back on Metzler M7RR's, my favourites. They're the twice the price of the Conti's but last longer, have more grip and a sportier profile.

out here contis are expensive across the range pretty much, and the metzeler sports tyres are pretty cheap. mostly because you can't give them away. very brand orientated.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

I'm 99% sure that Conti's and Metzeler's are made by the same people and have been for some years now.

Steve R

+ Reply to Thread