+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ducati 851/888 NEW rear light units for sale

Default Ducati 851/888 NEW rear light units for sale

Found another 2 brand new light units in the garage.

£150 each plus your shipping anywhere in the world.
    Attached Images

Default lamp

You sure thats enough to ask ???

Try to make a reproduction light by copying an original, and it will cost you much more than that.
    As the bikes get older, they are worth more money. The parts to restore them get used up and are getting very hard to find. I know that it used to be a $60 part, but that was 25 years ago.

If you need it, 150 Euro is reasonable, especially considering inflation. If I wasn't short on cash, I would buy as a spare, because they don't come up for sale on ebay any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy 888 View Post
    Try to make a reproduction light by copying an original....

If you need it, 150 Euro is reasonable, especially considering inflation. If I wasn't short on cash, I would buy as a spare, because they don't come up for sale on ebay any more.
    I do not agree with your examination, the thing is not really in these terms. surely if you make a single piece or even ten the cost is greater, but in vintage motorcycle parts you can not look at inflation or similar things. the price make it two simple laws of the market, the demand and the offer, nothing more. our friend proposes a piece for € 150 if he finds those who buy it good for him, if the price remains unsold it means that the request was too expensive and the demand and supply did not meet.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

On Ebay for the world. Just thought I would offer the parts to the forum first.....ho hum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202318360...84.m1558.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrcs View Post
    the price make it two simple laws of the market, the demand and the offer, nothing more. our friend proposes a piece for € 150 if he finds those who buy it good for him, if the price remains unsold it means that the request was too expensive and the demand and supply did not meet.

Which is why there's no point claiming it's wrong. It's not like these prices are well and historically established. Either someone pays it and it was priced right, or they don't and it sits around for weeks/months.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

on this you're right! then over half of the rule of supply and demand, I have not said in the other post not to complicate the thing too much, the passion that can tie the two parsons the seller and the buyer takes over so that the mere desire for profit is put in second floor.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Off thread but I put one of these on, for anybody after a cheap alternative... they look great (IMO)

https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/triom-t...ocis-50/50610/
    "The bike I would like to have in my personal museum is a Ducati 888, the last one before the 916. This is the best Ducati, the 916 is elegant but the 888 is the best.” Massimo Bordi

Quote Originally Posted by JImmySL View Post
    Off thread but I put one of these on, for anybody after a cheap alternative... they look great (IMO)

https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/triom-t...ocis-50/50610/
    Cancel that.. no longer available!
    "The bike I would like to have in my personal museum is a Ducati 888, the last one before the 916. This is the best Ducati, the 916 is elegant but the 888 is the best.” Massimo Bordi

Does this make anyone else feel better ??.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-888-...AAAOSwQupXVyS9

+ Reply to Thread