+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foam clock surround

Default Foam clock surround

Just a quicky,

Possible/ easy to remove and fit a new foam clock surround while clocks still on bike(888)? Dont want to go pulling it of while clocks are fitted if it going be a nightmare, Im short of time this weeknd to remove the clocks etc and rather leave for now if its going take a wee while to do

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Jack888 View Post
    Just a quicky,

Possible/ easy to remove and fit a new foam clock surround while clocks still on bike(888)? Dont want to go pulling it of while clocks are fitted if it going be a nightmare, Im short of time this weeknd to remove the clocks etc and rather leave for now if its going take a wee while to do

Ta
    NEVER RUSH WORK ON YOUR DUC..

Take your time and take off the cluster and instruments before removing the foam.

either leave it until you pull it all apart, or video it so we can watch your frustration levels slowly rise to postal when it starts sticking to the gauges and all generally goes pear shaped.

it won't work if it is assembled.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    either leave it until you pull it all apart, or video it so we can watch your frustration levels slowly rise to postal when it starts sticking to the gauges and all generally goes pear shaped.

it won't work if it is assembled.
    Thanks i will leave it for now then, Thought it could have been a little trickier than it looks,

Appreciated

jack888

There is a chance to remove foam without removing instruments as you will not use that foam again......however to replace with the new foam will mean a high probability to permanently deform the foam as there is approx 4mm overlap from the outer bezel of each instrument to the body. Also the self adhesive type of replacement foam means you will constantly try to correct position before you finally give up.

Best is to remove mirrors , nose fairing , headlight and then instruments. Remove all individual instruments and then replace foam. I just paid 65 for a new self adhesive stick on foam (Original Ducati) and this is what I will be doing. Any risk to mess up means you will be looking at that defect for a very long time................highly visible and not easily forgotten. Should take no longer than 2 - 3 hours max.

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    jack888

There is a chance to remove foam without removing instruments as you will not use that foam again......however to replace with the new foam will mean a high probability to permanently deform the foam as there is approx 4mm overlap from the outer bezel of each instrument to the body. Also the self adhesive type of replacement foam means you will constantly try to correct position before you finally give up.

Best is to remove mirrors , nose fairing , headlight and then instruments. Remove all individual instruments and then replace foam. I just paid 65 for a new self adhesive stick on foam (Original Ducati) and this is what I will be doing. Any risk to mess up means you will be looking at that defect for a very long time................highly visible and not easily forgotten. Should take no longer than 2 - 3 hours max.
    Thanks, Old foam pad isnt that bad so i will leave for now and spend a little time swapping over. I did think it might have been more time consuming than it looks

+ Reply to Thread