+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 888 footrest mounts

Default 888 footrest mounts

Hi guys
    Have just added to the collection Ducati 888 just wondering if the 900ss foot mounts fit as the pair on the bike are after market which tuck me up to far with the full adjustment down cheers Pete

Raptor141 (Pete)

I am going through the same sort of thinking on the restoration of my SP4. What you can see from the photos is the 888 footrests are further forward (Approx 4cm) and slightly lower (Approx 1 cm) than the 900SS footrests. This would mean the 900 SS footrests give more leg room for the longer legged riders (Probably better for over 6 footers). There are a few things to consider though when using the 900SS footrests. LH side is fine except the gear lever rod needs to be extended to max (Or a longer rod purchased) so gear selection can be made. On the RH side , Firstly there is less clearance for the exhaust pipe (So check). Secondly the footbrake is effectively more over the pipe meaning it will need to be raised higher so there is room for the lever to give the braking. Winding in the screw underneath and lengthening the pin for the brake cylinder achieves enough clearance. Also the 900 SS footrests are further inboard as the 888 footrests are splayed outwards...........however spacers can solve this but it is not any problem really. Rubber top surfaces are slightly at a different angle , but not really noticable........Why am I doing all this when I,m only 5ft 9 ins......................Well I was busy welding up the exhaust anyway as someone had made an abortion of welding some crap on the front of them for another header system , I had a set of 900 SS footrests in really nice condition and well it just seems impossible to find a nice set of 888 footrests for a good price. I had nothing to loose and thought lets see what happens , it was also stopping me from moving forward. Nothing I do will stop me from being able to swap for the correct standard 888 footrests in the future if I ever do find a nice set !!!!!. As to the question do the 900 SS footrest fit on a 888 ...................YES they do with some small adjustments (Depending on the exhaust you are running). Will they give above 6 footers more leg room YES. Will it suit everyone...............that is up to the individual.

I hope this helps........................

Photo 1 and 3 standard 888 SP4 footrests. Photos 2 and 4 are 900 SS footrests on 888 SP4. Photos 5 and 6 are showing the exhaust cannisters , link pipe system I am busy trying to repair. Header is standard SP4 after I replaced it.
    Last edited by dudlington; 04-29-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Default Footrest...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor141 View Post
    Hi guys
    Have just added to the collection Ducati 888 just wondering if the 900ss foot mounts fit as the pair on the bike are after market which tuck me up to far with the full adjustment down cheers Pete
    Have you considered the solutions discussed in this thread?

http://www.ducati851and888.com/showt...8801#post68801
    851 SP3 #197
    1198S

This's to both of you...
    In my stash I've got some OEM 888 footrests* and a pair of nice Japanese made 900SS aftermarket rear sets, that set the pegs higher and farther back.
    I could possibly help you both out here, ping me a PM if interested.
    TBH I'm 6ft tall with long legs and dodgy knees (after a few too many accidents), but the '92 851/later 888 OEM position suits me fine.

*I had 2 sets of these but sold one set to a forum member in the USA, I can't remember if they were the black or silver set though?
    If you're interested I'll go on a hunt for what I've got?

Steve R

Steve R

Yes definately interested so I can keep the bike as standard as possible. Will pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    Raptor141 (Pete)

I am going through the same sort of thinking on the restoration of my SP4. What you can see from the photos is the 888 footrests are further forward (Approx 4cm) and slightly lower (Approx 1 cm) than the 900SS footrests. This would mean the 900 SS footrests give more leg room for the longer legged riders (Probably better for over 6 footers). There are a few things to consider though when using the 900SS footrests. LH side is fine except the gear lever rod needs to be extended to max (Or a longer rod purchased) so gear selection can be made. On the RH side , Firstly there is less clearance for the exhaust pipe (So check). Secondly the footbrake is effectively more over the pipe meaning it will need to be raised higher so there is room for the lever to give the braking. Winding in the screw underneath and lengthening the pin for the brake cylinder achieves enough clearance. Also the 900 SS footrests are further inboard as the 888 footrests are splayed outwards...........however spacers can solve this but it is not any problem really. Rubber top surfaces are slightly at a different angle , but not really noticable........Why am I doing all this when I,m only 5ft 9 ins......................Well I was busy welding up the exhaust anyway as someone had made an abortion of welding some crap on the front of them for another header system , I had a set of 900 SS footrests in really nice condition and well it just seems impossible to find a nice set of 888 footrests for a good price. I had nothing to loose and thought lets see what happens , it was also stopping me from moving forward. Nothing I do will stop me from being able to swap for the correct standard 888 footrests in the future if I ever do find a nice set !!!!!. As to the question do the 900 SS footrest fit on a 888 ...................YES they do with some small adjustments (Depending on the exhaust you are running). Will they give above 6 footers more leg room YES. Will it suit everyone...............that is up to the individual.

I hope this helps........................

Photo 1 and 3 standard 888 SP4 footrests. Photos 2 and 4 are 900 SS footrests on 888 SP4. Photos 5 and 6 are showing the exhaust cannisters , link pipe system I am busy trying to repair. Header is standard SP4 after I replaced it.

Thanks guys new to the forum and what a helpful lot many thanks

+ Reply to Thread