+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump Tricolore

Default Fuel pump Tricolore

Hi Folk,
    Been out for great run stopped for coffee now fuel pump not working any ideas

Taxi home maybe
    Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RWG View Post
    Hi Folk,

Taxi home maybe
    Cheers
    Paul
    Under the seat the fuse and relay for the pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,
    I Should have given details first, road side Check revealed Fuses appear to be Ok, bearing in Mind early Tricolore, mountings at back Two Relays (Fuses) let & right.

Then Kill switch Relays on the near side Clicks when Kill switch made!
    I swopped the Relay from the Off side Relay and place in Near side position, this one does not Click (operate) when Kill switch opperrated.

Are the two Relays the same, if yes I Subject the one I swoipped over most be fault?

What is the function of each Relay, Are both required to opperrated fuel pump or one single to turn pump.

If one Relay does the job, is it the near side or Off side one?
    Many thanks

As far as I know/can recall the relays are the same, so if one isn't clicking when swapped to the position where the other on was?
    Then that's probably a duff one chap BUT!!

I've been at the side of the road when the bikes ground to a halt, 1st thing I checked were the relays...
    It turned out to be one of the wires to a relay had broken, a bit of stripping back the wire with my teeth and then twisting them together had me going in a few minutes.

Steve R

Cheers Steve,
    Unusual Relay with build in Fuses, Would you know if a Relay suitable from a regulary Motorcycles parts supplyer would be an option. Or are these specific to Ducati.

Not too sure mate as I run 996SPS loom that has a different sort of relays without the integral fuses.
    On the 916/996 SP/SPS's they have separate fuses to them fitted inline in the loom.
    IIRC? Jasper sourced some suitable fuses via his local motor factors. Best bet is to ping him a PM.
    If that doesn't pan out, I think I've got a 851 and 888 loom kicking around, they may still have the OEM relays attached to them, I'll have a dig around for you.

Steve R

FYI- I had a relay on different bike that ‘clicked’ when powered so I assumed it was working properly......Hours and many curse words later I found that there wasn’t any power coming out of the relay. Weird fail and a first for me so don’t assume anything

Default Fuel pump...

Quote Originally Posted by RWG View Post
    Hi Folk,

Taxi home maybe
    Cheers
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I had what sounds like a similar problem on my SP3 several years ago (well, 10 actually...) - bike would turn over but no signs of it starting. My recollection is that the relays are the same. I just looked at a copy of the 851 Parts Manual and they do have the same description (relay with fuse) and the same part number (28740021A). Back then they were readily available from a Ducati dealer, not sure about now though! I'll have to look in the garage to see if I still have them, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing special about them and that Bosch still list them.

HTH

Andrew
    851 SP3 #197
    1198S

Many thanks to all, hoping to collect bike today or tomorrow at latest, Andrew I got a part number for a Lambergini using samerelay Bosch replacment 2 day order.
    However this relay does not carry an interal fuse so suspect i would need to fit one in line out ?

Cheers once again, has allways been the best forum for me.

The principal is the same as in the pic. Pin 30 goes to battery line in.
    Do not be afraid of the relay, they are really quite simple and usually have a map on the side to tell what the relay does. The 4 pin is simple. A wire in and wire out giving instruction to close the switch. A 5 pin is the same with a couple of variations. The instruction to close the switch has to possibility’s because the is an extra pin being switched on or off. They are, power to be delivered to 2 pins or only one pin. When power is delivered to only one pin, the power is running through the other pin when the switch is open.
    The result is most decent auto electricians have a relay that will do the job, fused or unfused. In the worse case you may have to pull the fuse holder and change 2 spade connector positions around. (Street sweeper brush bristle or jewlers screwdrivers for unlocking spade connectors.) They cost between $12-20. Most car accessories places sell them as well, but are usually crap brands.
    Attached Images
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

+ Reply to Thread