+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Project 888 SP4

Default New Project 888 SP4

After some time collecting parts I have now started on my newest project. Full time this has taken 1 week since it was all just a pile of parts on the garage floor. Trying to find everything in the boxes , plus the correct screws is costing some time as anyone who does this sort of thing knows. Thought I needed a main cable harness but eventually it turned up but now it looks like I have found/bought a spare. Will need some parts to move it forward from here so please look in the wanted section of the forum , hopefully I can find some help. Frame has been newly painted as will the fairing set , will probably have the carbon re-laquered at some point as it has faded..........but the rest will just have PATINA on it. Luckily I have another SP4 with the fairings off to look at , that has been a big help.

So due to the nice weather and some time off I,m moving forward quickly on the project. Still lots to do but it is looking fairly complete now. There is some wiring to tidy up and check all is working , the top yoke needs painting still , tank assembled. The exhausts need to be welded up and then she should be ready to connect a battery and fire up. Some general tidying and then after that bodywork is all ready to go on and test ride. Lets see how long it takes for that lot.
    Last edited by dudlington; 05-03-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Looking good mate.

So after some problems with the wrong cable harness..........meaning I had to create my own from a badly cut up one I got with the bike. I then tried to fire up but no spark and no fuel. Fuel turned out to be a connector in the tank that had corroded. The spark turned out to be a bad earth on the ECU. Then when the bike did run it ran badly and would not rev. After I stripped down the injection and cleaned it all she fires up and seems to rev as she should. I,ve started putting the bodywork back on and hopefully soon I will take her for a test ride. There is still a couple of things to do but also one thing I still cannot get. Does anyone have a bulb holder for the temp guage. The bulb and holder need to fit into a 9mm hole......... so far I cannot find an alternative. Does someone know where I can get one ?.

Here are some photos.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    So after some problems with the wrong cable harness..........meaning I had to create my own from a badly cut up one I got with the bike. I then tried to fire up but no spark and no fuel. Fuel turned out to be a connector in the tank that had corroded. The spark turned out to be a bad earth on the ECU. Then when the bike did run it ran badly and would not rev. After I stripped down the injection and cleaned it all she fires up and seems to rev as she should. I,ve started putting the bodywork back on and hopefully soon I will take her for a test ride. There is still a couple of things to do but also one thing I still cannot get. Does anyone have a bulb holder for the temp guage. The bulb and holder need to fit into a 9mm hole......... so far I cannot find an alternative. Does someone know where I can get one ?.

Here are some photos.

Looking good mate. I have a spare bulb holder I think. I will look for you.

If Jasper doesn't have one I probably do.

Marvin and Jasper.

Many thanks if you can find one. It is a small thing but I,m reluctant to put on the freshly painted front fairing and side fairings as I know they will need to come off...............but do want to test ride her. I will keep looking for alternatives on fleabay and if I find a suitable will post as I,m sure others will come across this problem in the future.

+ Reply to Thread