+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Donington Endurance Legends 12/13 May

Well it's BIG thank you from me to Stafford and his good Lady Liz for organising this weekend once again.
    To those who could have been there but didn't go...Hard luck you missed a great weekend.
    To those who did make it...Well done and for me it was great to meet you all.
    Great that Paul aka RWG won the prize for best 80's bike, it was also great to see the interest that our small display of 851/888's attracted...
    They were on of the most "Wished After Bikes" list for a lot of enthusiasts.

I managed a 500+ mile round trip on my 851 without getting wet, I was having such a nice time that I stayed over on Sunday night and rode home on Monday.
    I spent Sunday night in the company of a pro' racer who works for Stephan Mertans Race school and his wife, who've invited me to stay with them if/when I go over for the Spa Bikers Classic event.

Next Wednesday I'm off over to the Isle of Man for the Pre TT Classic Road Races, life's really quite enjoyable for this old git!

Although my joints are still aching after last weekends 500+ mile jaunt, I've had to treble up on my pain killers.
    So I'll just have to make the best of it whilst I still can!

Steve R

Really great to meet up with you after all these years. Pity I couldn’t stay, as it would have been great to have had a few beers and more talks.
    Last edited by Jasper; 05-19-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Really great to meet ip with you after all these years. Pity I couldn’t stay, as it would have been great to have had a few beers and more talks.
    Yes it was great to finally meet you in person and to get a close up look at your rather special SP5.
    Your gaffer tape did the trick mate thanks, it's now on it's way to the Isle of Man in the post with my luggage.
    Have you offered up the rear sets yet?

Steve R

Hi,

Glad it helped. No not yet with the rearsets.

+ Reply to Thread