+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The amazing TGB

Arrow The amazing TGB

Right giving up all my big bore bikes and selling the children so I can love and cherish the new member of the stable (insert Ferrari logo here). The mighty supreme weapon of choice for modern day bitumen.
    Itís so good not only was it given to me, but came with a spare engine and transmission. I have it in the shed next to all the old dodgey Italian rubbish.
    As itís right next to the green frame, it shows just how low tech 1974 really was. Itís golden paint work even outs shines the the second place silver of the green frame. See the green frame cowering in shame under the cover.

Note the superior styling when set against a mere Superbike. The Europeans have a lot to learn!

No longer shall I embrace the style and prowess of classic Italian ideology. Itís Taiwanese for evevermore. Making a place in my heart along with my ancient Taiwanese lathe.
    Tonight I was going to prepare Tuna Mornay for the wife, and southern fried chicken for my daughter, but no. In order to pay homage to our recent family addition, itís dried squid on a stick for us. Yippee!
    All kneel in the presence of the magestic TGB (Taiwan Golden Bee .co) 125 Sienna.

Now just have to find out why it makes a funny clicking noise when you push it, and why it wonít start.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by griff851; 02-16-2018 at 03:30 AM.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Totally agree on everything you,ve said.............can I be first inline for all that Italian rubbish when you have the clear out in the display area to show off your new purchase.

Don,t worry about the clicking noise or the fact it won,t start....................it looks fantanstic just parked up there.

Project Corsa Scooter?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BTD; 02-16-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Mmmm you could be onto something there. It might just qualify. TGB was knocking out Vespas under licence when it started up.
    It fell apart last night. There are some interesting similarities. The rear panels are held in place in the same bastard way as the early multistradaís for one, and it has a spark plug.
    Any way took about 2 hrs to clear the dead fuel and work out why it wasnít running. Yep the old dirty fuel filter.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

So after getting the dream machine running we move on to actually getting it going. Some one had come so close. A quick issue with the main and pilot jet in the the wrong way around. And full throttle achieved.
    Bleed brakes, and test ride time. The dawn of a new era! No, no such luck.
    Down the driveway and up the hill and down on to flats. This beast has power, and smooth. Just incredibly weird feeling to get into. Not trusting the tyres didnít help.
    Power run time, whoosh and weíre off. 40kmph, 60kmph, 80kmph, why is my arm suddenly very hot and wet, which of coarse my Tshirt offered zero resistance. Ah, thatís not good. And oh no.. the red light. Carefully returning back up the hill, and into the shed once more.
    The cork that was being used as the overflow bottle cap, failed to function. It stood no chance against the bottle contents and ensuing steam. Head gasket blown, but as luck would have it the box of bits had a new gasket. A couple of hours later and an education in what making under license means (some bits are made in Italy), back on the flats and zooming along again. No....! not the the red light again, but wait, no wet hot arm. Quick check and water still in the bottle. Now to be fair I have to point out itís 35įC, and l was giving it a hard time. So back to the shed. The cork now with a hole drilled in it seems to work fine.
    Itís going to cool off next week so iíll road test again then.
    So, how good is it? Max speed- 80kmph, acceleration-reasonable, handling- not bad, suspension- hard, looks- incredibly butt ugly, comparison- If an 888sp were an ancient successful gladiator on a good Sunday, then the TGS would be a gerbil.
    Oh well, back to the big twins.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

+ Reply to Thread