+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mecum M/C auction

Default Mecum M/C auction

Did anyone watch any of the Mecum auction in Las Vegas? There was a pretty decent representation of Ducatis for sale. I watched a good bit of it on YouTube. Some bikes commanded some big bucks like a 1973 DM750 Sport that brought $50k US or a 1978 900SS for $43k. I thought the 1988 851 "S" kit bike was a pretty good deal @ $18k.

Did you mean the Bonhams sale? I have seen a few Mecum sales and their motorcycle sales seem pretty un-Ducati if you know what I mean. The Bonhams sale seems to do well with European bikes. I think that last year and the year before were the years to be there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
    Did you mean the Bonhams sale? I have seen a few Mecum sales and their motorcycle sales seem pretty un-Ducati if you know what I mean. The Bonhams sale seems to do well with European bikes. I think that last year and the year before were the years to be there, though.
    No, I was referring to Mecum. I believe the Bonhams sale was going on at the same time in Vegas but they had a fraction of the bikes that Mecum offered this year. There were plenty of Ducatis old and new. You can watch it on YouTube but unless you know when in the program the bike ran you could spend days looking.

I thought this Ducati 350 built to look like a 750 SS was cool and I would have paid $18k for the 851 Superbike Kit bike all day long.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Brilloman; 01-30-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilloman View Post
    No, I was referring to Mecum. I believe the Bonhams sale was going on at the same time in Vegas but they had a fraction of the bikes that Mecum offered this year. There were plenty of Ducatis old and new. You can watch it on YouTube but unless you know when in the program the bike ran you could spend days looking.

I thought this Ducati 350 built to look like a 750 SS was cool and I would have paid $18k for the 851 Superbike Kit bike all day long.
    Wow. I completely missed that sale. There were a couple of bikes in there I would have liked to have picked up. Iíll have to pay closer attention. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread