+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OEM headers like new again.

Default OEM headers like new again.

Some of my OEM headers look like they have been buried under ground for years ... they ARE stainless but heat, dirt and time make them look rusty and dull..

Spend 2 minutes with a glass blaster cabin yesterday , just to test what it will look like after a mild glass blasting : WOW !... They do clean up very nicely and far better then i expected.. like new !
    They will get the golden color back during use, but they will look clean again for years.

(Glass blasting is well know to most of us i know... but this just to share/remind what you will get spending 30 min if you get the chance and have them off anyway)

NOTE; Never blast your stainless header in cabin prior used for steel ... (you will get corrosion spots on the surface)

"Before and after" Pictures
    Last edited by stiglarsenDK; 01-27-2018 at 05:39 AM. Reason: piss poor spelling

Which one is the before and after photo (hee hee hee).

Looks good. Any chance of a photo of your equipment you used or was it something you borrowed from a professional company ?????.

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    Which one is the before and after photo (hee hee hee).

Looks good. Any chance of a photo of your equipment you used or was it something you borrowed from a professional company ?????.
    I will take a foto of the booth nxt time there (workshop at my company) Its nothing special really, a booth w gloves and gun inside..
    I think the trick is clean fresh glass beats and min. pressure to remove the top surface as gentle as possible.
    Ill fill the car w bits to be blasted in one go.. you do get dirty/dusty all over your self doing this job.
    Last edited by stiglarsenDK; 02-05-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: pics attached

[QUOTE=stiglarsenDK;68596]I will take a foto of the booth nxt time there (workshop at my company) Its nothing special really, a booth w gloves and gun inside..
    I think the trick is clean fresh glass beats and min. pressure to remove the top surface as gentle as possible.
    Ill fill the car w bits to be blasted in one go.. you do get dirty/dusty all over your self doing this job.

Here we go... cabines at company workshop/outside container... one for glass (alu and stainless) and one for special abrasive (Iron)...
    What a mess, i would rather have 2 live pigs in the garage at home... the results however is nothing less than fantastic, the Stainless headers come out real nice...and the ALU SP5 style brackets as well (waiting for some black anodizing)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by stiglarsenDK; 02-06-2018 at 02:09 PM.

That's pretty impressive mate, Tidy job

+ Reply to Thread