+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cars and other crap

Default Cars and other crap

JUst posting what I've been up to. I finally finished painting my '83 944 Porsche. 4 coats of black single stage urethane. Lots of block sanding with "black" . I'm rebuilding the rear Koni shocks now. FWIW, don't ever buy anything "Koni". Yes they're guaranteed for life but,,,A friend had Koni forks which wore out. He called Koni to get new ones and the agent said, "I guess they have exceeded their lifetime"...no warranty.
    I aolso have a '04 S4R that I have to build up and sell, also change my 748 trackbike into a street bike and put a 996 engine in it with V2 604 cams (same as SPS but billet)
    Attached Images

Nice,everything porsche does well these days.
    I used brakes and wheels of a 944 on my vw splitbus.

Henk!!!

That's beautiful Marvin, and I can only dream about how much fun it must be in those western North Carolina mountains of yours.

Had the 968 Clubsport version for a couple of years............I still miss that car. Drove also the 3.0 litre 944 version as a mate had one in black.........nice colour.

Yes Porsche make nice cars , yes I,m a fan/owner of all things Porsche since being able to afford my first one in 1986. Current one is a 997 2S 3.8 Litre.

Enjoy ........... car looks great.

Nice work Marvin.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

Thanks all ! Yes, just a 944 which nobody wants so they are cheap. (just now starting to go up in price)(I remember when you could buy a good 911 for 5K !!)
    But still nice cars, easy to maintain and reliable. 25-30 mpg on regular gas.
    Years ago I had several 356's which I wish I had never sold.

Several 356???
    Any pictures off them?

Henk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Several 356???
    Any pictures off them?

Henk!!!
    Unfortunately no pics.

Henk-

Marvin and I both agree that we are getting to the end of our big project days-- I was happy to see Marvin finish this 944 considering all of the curves the project threw at him.

As is the norm-- we towed this 944 home on my trailer with the hopes that the seller was honest. As Marvin found out- he had more fixing to do then he was led to believe. This is what makes big projects very big projects.

Henk- you expressed an interest in 356's. This mongrel '61 cab with '65 drive train and brakes is my daily driver up here in the mountains. I built it out of spare parts I had 30 years ago for autocross.

Before Corse Ducati's I was heavy into restoring 356's back in the '70 and '80's- I had restored 13 of them when they were cheap. I was big into the early split window 356's and wrote about them in the 356 club magazine.

My wife and I took this cab on our honeymoon 27 years ago-- it was a cold ride for her since I never installed the heater boxes- just straight headers.

These days 356's are stupid money and the new owners are afraid to drive them- I feel sorry for them because they are fun simple cars-- and if you build them up like I did with this cab they rock. I wear out a set of Hoosier semi-slick racing tires every two years on these roads.

I built this '58 sunroof coupe for my wife as a wedding present and it is great to see the grin she has when she is driving.

As you notice- they are both the same color off white rather than the shade white they were originally painted-I had a few gallons of this color at the time so I sprayed both of them in the backyard to save money.

Asheville, NC/Muntinlupa City,Philippines

Very nice Marvin!
    1993 Ducati 888 SPO
    1996 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    2012 Ducati Hypermotard EVO SP Corse

+ Reply to Thread