+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cars and other crap

Threaded View

Default Cars and other crap

JUst posting what I've been up to. I finally finished painting my '83 944 Porsche. 4 coats of black single stage urethane. Lots of block sanding with "black" . I'm rebuilding the rear Koni shocks now. FWIW, don't ever buy anything "Koni". Yes they're guaranteed for life but,,,A friend had Koni forks which wore out. He called Koni to get new ones and the agent said, "I guess they have exceeded their lifetime"...no warranty.
    I aolso have a '04 S4R that I have to build up and sell, also change my 748 trackbike into a street bike and put a 996 engine in it with V2 604 cams (same as SPS but billet)
    Attached Images

Nice,everything porsche does well these days.
    I used brakes and wheels of a 944 on my vw splitbus.

Henk!!!

That's beautiful Marvin, and I can only dream about how much fun it must be in those western North Carolina mountains of yours.

Had the 968 Clubsport version for a couple of years............I still miss that car. Drove also the 3.0 litre 944 version as a mate had one in black.........nice colour.

Yes Porsche make nice cars , yes I,m a fan/owner of all things Porsche since being able to afford my first one in 1986. Current one is a 997 2S 3.8 Litre.

Enjoy ........... car looks great.

Nice work Marvin.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

Thanks all ! Yes, just a 944 which nobody wants so they are cheap. (just now starting to go up in price)(I remember when you could buy a good 911 for 5K !!)
    But still nice cars, easy to maintain and reliable. 25-30 mpg on regular gas.
    Years ago I had several 356's which I wish I had never sold.

Several 356???
    Any pictures off them?

Henk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Several 356???
    Any pictures off them?

Henk!!!
    Unfortunately no pics.

Speaking of early 911's, I am more of an Italian guy myself having cut my teeth on 308 and 328 GTBs but a few years ago I had a perfect (literally perfect) 1973 2.7 RS that was a pretty special car. It was a German delivery car that found its way to Japan and as they like to do in Japan, they painted the damn thing white. Well, it came back here and the guy who brought it realized that it still had all of the original bits and had never even had the slightest sort of collision to it and so he undertook a massive restoration. When it was done, he was too afraid to drive it so he sold it.

After going over it with a fine toothed comb (as I don't trust any 911 from 1969 to 1989 to be as represented) and not finding one thing off with it, I bought it. I put over 1000 miles on it in a year and dialed in everything that it needed because no one ever dialed it in after it was put back together. That Kugelfischer MFI injection system was interesting. After about 18 months and getting it to run as well as it looked, one of the auction houses called and begged me to put in their sale. I realized that these things were getting VERY expensive right about then. After a fair amount of resistance, I consigned it to them and said good bye. That was a great car but for the prices they go for these days, I don't think I'll own another one. The garage is too full of Italian stuff anyway.
    Last edited by Sherpa23; 03-10-2018 at 09:32 AM.

As i can't afford no porsche anymore,i have to make my splitbus porsche related then.
    Has porsche teledials now and will have "porsche rothmans"on both sides painted.
    And the rothmans logo on the front.

Henk!!!
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread