+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this from?

Default What is this from?

So long story short, due to having a few bikes I am looking at selling my bike. Unfortunately I just don't get out enough on it.

Now that been said I am trying to do some homework on what an 1989 851 SP actually is.

When I bought the bike more than a decade ago I was given the attached piece of paper somehow qualifying its "SP' linage. Now it never really worried me other than curiosity as I bought the bike to ride.

Does anyone know that it is from?

Many thanks.
    Attached Images

Only about the top inch or so comes up (at least for me) when I click on your image, you might want to try attaching it again.

Chassis and Engine number ??.

File will open up if you save it as a jpeg but it is so small you can,t read anything. When you try and blow it up it becomes a mass of colour.

I will have another go when I get home.

Hopefully this works
    Attached Files

I have an 89 frame with chassis number 000046 which has been identified as a frame from an 851 kit.

Do you have any photos of the bike or the frame. I hope this helps.

That appears to be the front page of the race modification and parts list for the very early 851's (attached below). Does your bike's s/n fall into the range listed for the '89's? Is it modified as described?

I had never noticed those s/n ranges on the cover page of that manual before. Is that "89" section of the manual describing the "Lucchinelli Replicas"? Did Ducati modify all those s/n range bikes at the factory to those mods or are those mods and parts listed only applicable for those s/n's and years if you chose to do them?

http://www.ducati851and888.com/attac...9&d=1338632324

Quote Originally Posted by dudlington View Post
    I have an 89 frame with chassis number 000046 which has been identified as a frame from an 851 kit.

Do you have any photos of the bike or the frame. I hope this helps.
    Oh true, does it have a wee plaque?

I have attached some photos (some are shit!) but frame is ending 000089.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wgsvintage View Post
    That appears to be the front page of the race modification and parts list for the very early 851's (attached below). Does your bike's s/n fall into the range listed for the '89's? Is it modified as described?

I had never noticed those s/n ranges on the cover page of that manual before. Is that "89" section of the manual describing the "Lucchinelli Replicas"? Did Ducati modify all those s/n range bikes at the factory to those mods or are those mods and parts listed only applicable for those s/n's and years if you chose to do them?

http://www.ducati851and888.com/attac...9&d=1338632324
    Hi, Yea it falls within the Sport Production 851 Strada 00002 to 0000112.

I do know that it has "A" cams and a hole cut into the top of the airbox (although this is common)

With that engine number it looks like an 851 STRADA engine. A1 cams are also standard. More photos of bike and frame , plus numbers on top of heads and exactly the cams will give more clues. Never seen that top plaque before . Anybody else ?????

+ Reply to Thread